Submission of Samples to our Office. March 2020
We are continuing with all of our normal testing with added restrictions in place. We are not testing for covid-19.
A Risk Assessment has been carried out in relation to Oldcastle Laboratories Ltd and Covid-19.
To minimise the risk of Coronavirus (Covid-19) on staff and business operations within Oldcastle Laboratories, a template document must be created and distributed to staff once every two weeks to monitor the risk of a staff members contracting the virus, make hand sanitizer available to office staff, visitors and customers to use throughout the day when handling money, samples or pens and create an information leaflet to educate staff on the importance of hygiene and how to protect themselves.
On the advice from the HSE and WHO, hand washing is the best way to combat the virus and should be used every day, multiple times a day. Also, on advice from the HSA, avoid touching your face, eyes and mouth.
Update 18th March 2020:
- As the cases of Corona Virus steadily increases throughout Ireland, we have taken further measures to protect our staff and customers daily. Only two customers are permitted into the office at any one time.
- 1 metre lines have been placed on the floor away from the office staff to ensure they are not in close contact with any customers.
- Covid-19 precautions on show for customers.
- All surfaces are disinfected thoroughly (card machine, pens, desks etc) after every customer transaction
- Office staff are now wearing gloves throughout the day, changing them frequently and washing hands more.
- All customers are being advised and encouraged to pay by card and leave a credit on their accounts both in person and over the phone to minimise the handling of cash / cheques etc.
- Two members of staff have taken a couple of days off to recover from a common cold as a precaution to other staff members and customers.
Update April 3rd:
- Additional Signs have been added outside the business to minimise the need for customers to enter the office. All BVD samples are to be dropped in the box outside the office.
- Daily rota filled out by all staff after each sterilization of their work area before the afternoon and the evening.
- No Terms and Conditions are signed by customers as that would require them to enter the office and use pens and touch furniture etc.
- Lab Staff are only required 2 per room at any one time to ensure social distancing.
Update April 8th:
- All customers are now encouraged to pay by card over the phone before dropping in samples to alleviate them entering the office.
- Any customers that do need to pay at the office is done so through the opening of the door / window with little to no contact involved.
- All receipts are emailed when payments are organised over the phone, both BVD and other customers.
Until the current restrictions are changed, All of the above precautions will remain in place.
The conclusion of the risk assessment is that we are classified as an essential business and will en-devour to put the health and safety of staff and customers as a priority at all times during this pandemic.
If you have any concerns or queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.